Views
Helpful
Replies

No Voice on calls though E1

Michael Ciulei
Level 1
Level 1

Hy guys,

I will need some help, I have a gateway 2811(1 VWIC2-1Mft-E1, 8 FXO) configured with MGCP and a CCM 6.1.2.

When I try to make a call from the IP Phone to the cell phone, after I answer I don't hear anything (no voice). If I make a call from the cell to the IP Phone all it's ok I can hear the pearson. From time to time when I reset the gateway I have a conversation in both ways but just once, when I hang up and try to call another time there's no voice again. I will attach the gateway config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,

The config you posted was kind of jumbled up, but in reading through it, it doesnt appear that you have media and control traffic bound to any interface. Try adding these commands to your config:

mgcp bind control source-interface [interface]

mgcp bind media source-interface [interface]

Hope that helped

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Michael,

The config you posted was kind of jumbled up, but in reading through it, it doesnt appear that you have media and control traffic bound to any interface. Try adding these commands to your config:

mgcp bind control source-interface [interface]

mgcp bind media source-interface [interface]

Hope that helped

It seems that those commands solved my problem. Now everything's all right.

Thanks, Kenneth

pcameron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this isn't going to help -

!

voice-port 0/0/0:15

compand-type u-law

!

ulaw coding is for North America ... I'm surprised you can used this system as the audio would be distorted with a companding mismatch. Try changing it back to 'compand-type a-law', and also add 'network-clock-select 1 e1 0/0/0' to sync the DSP's with the clocking coming in on the E1 interface.

What happens if you call a normal land line, not a cell phone ? Does it only happen with cell phones or with all outgoing calls?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: