cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add SCCP VG224 DN's

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to do this currently through BAT. If not anyone know any axl api sequence to add a sccp vg224 and then the 24 lines with it?

Chad

23 Replies 23

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chad,

This is not supported in "older" CCM Versions;

CSCeg88823

Symptom:

BAT does not support adding VG224 ports in bulk

Conditions:

This is for all version of BAT and all current version of Callmanager 3.x, 4.x, 5.x

It is now supported in CCM 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t08gwins.html#wp1345635

Hope this helps!

Rob

Awesome thanks!

Hi Chad,

I've got BAT working fine with VG224s on CUCM 6.1.

My current issues I have so far are:

1. Bug ID CSCso4934, with DNs that already appear in CUCM.

2. Can't seem to find how to imitate the tickbox for forward to voicemail in BAT. All the options I have tried either don't work, or throw an error...

Cheers,

Alistair

Alistair, I believe that this needs to be done in the BAT Template. The actual BAT.xlt doesnt allow for box checking..

Chad

Chad,

I'm not using the BAT.xlt. Not exactly easy to use!!

I create my own CSV file. Currently hand edited, but web based scripts are in development...

Also, one of our guys is looking at using SOAP to provision them as well, as this then eliminates the need to log into the publisher every time!!

Cheers,

Alistair

VG224 SCCP seems broken in 6.1.2. It will create the gateway but not the ports.. I am getting the newest ES published to me right now to see if it fixes BAT :)

Chad

Chad, did the ES seems to fix BAT? Also, I've been able to create the .csv file using BAT6.1.1 successfully, but I still cannot get it to import correctly. My problem seems to be in the template. Have you had to configure each port in the template?

Rob,

Again to the rescue! +5 points for this..

Chad,

I dont believe your 4 points appreciated rob enough, for this life saving information!..So I have helped you.:)

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Rob,

thanks for the link :)

I am having trouble importing SCCP vg224's. (I am running 6.1.3)

When i export the csv file from the bat when doing SCCP the export works fine

but when i look at the file, the first column is labeled DOMAIN Name, instead of the MAC address required by SCCP

so when i try and validate the file it says DOMAIN Name not supported.

(trying to match against a VGC phone template, is that what i should be matching it too?)

Am i using the wrong template in call manager? can i just change the heading in the .csv file (what would the correct heading be?)

Thanks for any help, i have a project coming up where i will need to create 100 vg224's

Ken

Ken,

I found the following headers to be successful for bulk add of VG224 ports:

DOMAIN NAME,DESCRIPTION,SLOT,SUBUNIT,PORT DIRECTORY NUMBER,PORT NUMBER,PORT DESCRIPTION,CSS,DEVICE POOL,LOCATION,PHONE TEMPLATE,SECURITY PROFILE,DEVICE MOBILITY MODE,PARTITION,ALERTING NAME,ALERTING NAME ASCII,DISPLAY,ASCII DISPLAY,EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER MASK,FORWARD ALL CSS,SECONDARY CSS FOR FORWARD ALL,FORWARD BUSY INTERNAL CSS,FORWARD BUSY EXTERNAL CSS,FORWARD NO ANSWER INTERNAL CSS,FORWARD NO ANSWER EXTERNAL CSS,FORWARD NO COVERAGE INTERNAL CSS,FORWARD NO COVERAGE EXTERNAL CSS,FORWARD ON CTI FAILURE CSS,FORWARD UNREGISTERED INTERNAL CSS,FORWARD UNREGISTERED EXTERNAL CSS

Of course you may not want to do all the CSS fields. I just made sure the Domain Name was in the following format: SKIGW.

Good luck,

Dom

Thanks Dom,

but what about for SCCP? they use a mac address instead of domain name

Ken,

Those headers will work for SCCP installation. The Domain Name is SKIGW and the MAC address of the VG224. When you set up the slot,subunit and port, it defines the "AN<10 from MAC>4XX" Device Name that you see in CCM. The key is that you need to have port 0 set up with a line set up in your template. Your import file will overwrite port 0, but without it, no records are written.

thanks dom, i'll give it a try.

Am i importing it wrong? do i import under bulk\gateways?

or bulk\phone? i tried it as bulk\phones\VGC phones and it says domain name not supported.

So should i do import gateway? can the gateway already exist?

thanks for the help!

You will need to import this as a gateway. I think it's OK to have the geteway in place (it's been a while). You need to have an entry for ports 0-23 in the import. The Domain Name is the same in each entry, the description, subunit and CSS fields would be the same, your DN , alerting/display names and ports would be different. I think the hardest part was setting up the SCCP analog phone template that the import utilizes. You have to do that through the Insert Gateway template area. Create your gateway template and from within the gateway template is where you'll be able to create your analog phone template on port 0. Once you have this, your import will go smooth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: