Helpful
Replies

Quick Query re Cisco 6509

csco11142276
Level 1
Level 1

Experts,

I have a small query for you guys:

1). I have two 6509s and wants dual interconnectivity between them. What would be the best solution; L2 Etherchannel or L3 Etherchannel or L3 routed links?

2). Both switches have SUP720 and 10G modules. What shall I use to to get dualconnectivity. Both 10G ports on SUP card or one from each i.e. SUP and 10G card.

3). If I go ahead for dual connectivity with One port from SUP and another from 10G card. Can I still use other 10G port on SUP card to connect my distribution layer stack to it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

2 Replies 2

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Here are your questions inline.

1) It truly depends on your network topology and design. I usually use L3 routed links.

2) dual connectivity is not always necessary and 10Gb should be sufficient, unless the redundancy is requirement by design. If you need the redundancy use different line cards if possible using the Sup and the line card.

3) Yes you can use the 10Gb to your distribution layer switches, and still have redundant connectivity using any line card.

Mark

Tha a lot Mark. Thats great mate.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: