Call Redirect

Unanswered Question
Jul 20th, 2008

Is it possible to have any condition on the successful option of Call Redirect? I want it to play MOH after about 8sec. Or is there an alternative to accomplish that? I have attached the file for references. Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
honniesr Mon, 07/21/2008 - 05:35

Not sure if it will work with a call redirect. You may have to do a consult transfer.

You can add CALL HOLD and CALL UNHOLD around your delay statement if the consult transfer works.

CALL HOLD (-- Triggering Contact --)

CALL UNHOLD (-- Triggering Contact --)

kohhockguan Mon, 07/21/2008 - 05:56

Thanks Honniesr, thanks for the feedback. The reason that I am using redirecct is that I want the ringing tone. If I use call consult transfer it play music as the ring tone. As my user want to have the ring tone first. Anyway to fix this? Thanks.

honniesr Mon, 07/21/2008 - 08:30

not that I'm aware of. :(

I am wondering what the hold music after answering is for though. Mind explaining?

kohhockguan Mon, 07/21/2008 - 15:51

Thanks Robert, I wanted to do the following:

- When someone call the company it first give 2 ringing to the caller.

- if the line is busy it will go into a loop to wait for the receptionist. ( I am able to do this using the call redirect.) System will play a prompt and goes to play the music and retry redirect afte 15sec.

-If the line is not busy and the receptionist is not around it will ring for 8 sec and goes into a loop to wait till the receptionist pick up the phone.

Now the problem is Redirect do not have the Timeout option where I can handle this No Answer. And Call Consult Transfer do not play ringing tone to the caller when it get through and waiting for the receptionist to pick up the phone. Instead it plays the MOH music as the ringing tone to the caller.

This Discussion