cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNable to Access Mangement Port Of AIP SSM 10

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all i configured AIP SSM 10 with a management IP 172.16.x.16/21 and gateway as 172.16.x.1 and where as my management system is 172.16.x.13/21 and with the same gateway

Iam unable to reach the AIP SSM through telnet nor through ASDM, Surprisingly i am able to ping my system from the Sensor AIP SSM when i login from ASA (session 1 )

Please help me in this regard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you ran "setup" on the SSM to give an ip address, did you enter your management system's ip address in the access list in order to allow your management system to connect to the SSM?

And the external interface of your SSM (the one to which the 172.16.x.16 ip address is applied), is physically wired to the same network (vlan) to which your management server 172.16.x.13 is connected?

(I assume that the wiring is correct, if you can ping it from the SSM)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you ran "setup" on the SSM to give an ip address, did you enter your management system's ip address in the access list in order to allow your management system to connect to the SSM?

And the external interface of your SSM (the one to which the 172.16.x.16 ip address is applied), is physically wired to the same network (vlan) to which your management server 172.16.x.13 is connected?

(I assume that the wiring is correct, if you can ping it from the SSM)

Hi marcabal u solved my problem its working i forget to configure access list during setup

thanks for ur reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card