Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring ISDN PRI

Hi, I am trying to configure a isdn pri. I have a 2851 with a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card. The Telco end-equipment is an Adtran Express 6500 series (I think is the 6540 model, with a RJ-45 G.703 interface). After the config the layer 1 status shows as "Deactivated":

Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5

ISDN Serial0/0/0:15 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-net5

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x00000000

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 0

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

The cable is connected, and the Telco says that it is working properly. This is the config:

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-22

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:15

cptone ES

Note: The pri-group in the controller config is 1-22 because there are not any more availables DSP.

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried a ISDN loopback plug in your router to test that you card is ok?

You can make one easily by getting an RJ45 plug and a couple of strands of cable. Loopback Pin 1 to Pin 4 and Pin 2 to Pin 5. Plug it in and see if it comes up.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Layer 1 Status showing "Deactivated" would imply a cabling issue, have you tried an E1 crossover cable.

I think so, but if we connect the pri with the test equipment of the telco with the same cable it works.

Thanks.

This just means that the Telcos test equipment doesn't need a crossover. The 2851 may still require a crossover to work with the Adtran Express 6500. You need to try a crossover just to eliminate this as being an issue.

Hi, I have tested both straight and crossover cables and I get the same result. But the Telco assures us that it is working.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Have you tried a ISDN loopback plug in your router to test that you card is ok?

You can make one easily by getting an RJ45 plug and a couple of strands of cable. Loopback Pin 1 to Pin 4 and Pin 2 to Pin 5. Plug it in and see if it comes up.

Hope this helps.

Did you use a correct E1 crossover cable? pinouts will be based on the pinouts given to you by Gary.

Have you got your own PRI test equipment that you can use to test your end and the telco end.

Hello Gary, you are right. The connected cable was a crossover network cable. With the E1 cable it works great.

Thank very much.

Best regards.

brandoncheah
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the smart jack and the actual T1 card? make sure all the lights are green on the card. That would be the first place to start, There is a strong possibility that there are red lights on ur T1 card which would cause Layer 1 status to be deactivated.

That would be the first place i would check. I only tell you this because i have had multiple instances where i would see Layer 1 status as deactivated and 99% of the time, the T1 card in the telco room had red lights.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: