cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice IP call Transfer problem

khanh_isphn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CallManager cluster version 5.1.3( one publisher and one subscriber)and a gatekpeer at center site. 3 remote site with a PBX at each site.

At center site, when calls come from PSTN, Transfer call is good. But when call come from remote site, calls can not transfer.

When Call between remote sites, transfer call is good.

Any one can tell me the problem ?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if using H323 you need an MTP for the site that cannot transfer calls. that happens when an MTP cannot be allocated

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for your support.

But i don't understand why we need an MTP ? I have a voice gateway 3845 to connect to PSTN.

How can I implement an MTP ?

Hi javalenc

The Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service has active. But the transfer call still doesn't work.

what can I do to resolve this problem ?

Make sure the gateway has access to the MTP, if you have it but the GW does not have access to it, it's as good as have it shutdown

you can go thru the SRND to understand more on MTPs, basic you need to know is that h323 cannot change the connection and you need an MTP to do so

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thank you for your supported!

But I don't known after active The Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service. Do we have configuration in Gateway to access to the MTP or any other configuration on CCM.

When you activate the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service, the following components are automatically created.

1. ANN ..Annunciator

2. MTP..soft ware MTP

3. CFB...software conference bridge

4. MOH..Music On Hold

What you need to do, is create a MRG, assing these devices to the MRG.

You then need to create a MRGL, assign the MRG to it.

You will then assign your Gateway to the MRGL you created.

That way your gateway will have access to the Software MTP

Please rate all useful posts

Hi aokanlawon

I have create MRG, MRGL and assign my gateway ( H323 GW) to the MRGL. But the transfer call still doesn't work.

What can I do next ?

Actually, you need to assign this MRGL to the device pool in which your phone resides, and then reset the phone!!

go look under the phone and check the device pool. Then go to that device pool and assign the MRGL. Lastly reset the phone to have the changes take effect! All should be well then!!

HTH,

Chad

Dear all

I have add MRGL to device pool and reset the phone, device pool. But it is still does't work.

Any other configuration ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: