Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works assistant issue

nordick26
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

have anyone had an issue with CW assistant?

After i click on Server Setup under CW assistant, after couple minutes i'm getting an error message saying: Server discovery timed out. Please try again later.

Do you know where can the problem be?

If you need more details, please ask so that i can post it.

cheers

Appreciate your help.

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a known problem which has sense been fixed. What version of LMS?

Hey,

LMS i'm using is version 3.0.

Symptoms i have are very similar to:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddfd2e9/0#selected_message

This discusion has not been finished, so i was not able to resolve my problem.

Thank's a lot Clarke.

Regards

Go ahead and download the 3.0.1 update. A lot of CWA bugs have been fixed there:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301

Hi,

thx for the update.

All updated now, but the behaviour is still the same.

After I click on CWA->Workflows->Server Setup i have to wait for about 5 mins and then the error message appears.

Do you know what is CWA checking during the discovery process? Is is checking any credentials, that could possibly be wrong?

If yes, where can i set them up?

Many thanks.

CWA uses the System Identity User to authenticate with LMS. Make sure this user is properly defined under Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup. Also, check to make sure all of the CWA daemons are running:

OpsxmlDbEngine

OpsXMLRuntime

ProcSysBus

There may also be some information in the CWA.log.

I checked all mentioned, still doesn't work.

Enclosed you can find CWA_log.

You can see the error message i'm getting in the log file.

Is there something else i could possibly check?

Thx again for your help!

Regards

What is the hostname of this server?

Also, check your System Identity User password for special characters (e.g. '&', '^', '%', etc.). Make sure the password only contains numbers and letters.

The hostname is LMS and the password doesn't contain any special characters.

Can there be a problem with the hostname?

cheers.

Not unless the hostname changed after installing LMS. That does not appear to be the case. You can enable CWA debugging under CWA > Admin > Log Level Settings. Also check the Enable Engine Logging box. Reproduce the error, then post the new CWA.log and the logs under NMSROOT/objects/wfengine/Program/TFTP/Backup/DeviceTrace/CScript

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: