cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TSP Newbie Question

egomezbueno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, How can I configure the Cisco TSP in 3rd party view? I'd like to configure a TAPI server and I followed all the steps in the Windows 2003 server documentation but the TSP only list those devices available to the user specified in the user tab of the unified callmanager TSP configuration.

TIA,

Enmanuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Depending on which CCM version you have, there are different options to configuring things. E.g. in CCM5 and above there's a flag on each phone and directory number which allow you to turn on/off cti monitoring for a device (and regardless of the user association).

Then there's the cti super provider which the documentation should mention and there's a Cisco specific command in the Cisco TSP to get a phone even if it's not associate with the user (the user you use to connect to the CCM needs to be configured to make use of the super provider option though.. and you will never be able to list all available phones that way... listing always means getting the phones set up for monitoring and the super provider works outside this logic and you need to know which device/line you want to monitor, then get a reference to it from the provider).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Depending on which CCM version you have, there are different options to configuring things. E.g. in CCM5 and above there's a flag on each phone and directory number which allow you to turn on/off cti monitoring for a device (and regardless of the user association).

Then there's the cti super provider which the documentation should mention and there's a Cisco specific command in the Cisco TSP to get a phone even if it's not associate with the user (the user you use to connect to the CCM needs to be configured to make use of the super provider option though.. and you will never be able to list all available phones that way... listing always means getting the phones set up for monitoring and the super provider works outside this logic and you need to know which device/line you want to monitor, then get a reference to it from the provider).

Thanks for your reply stephan. I'm using ccm 5.1. So, if I understand correctly, I won't be able to configure the TAPI server with the Cisco TSP? According to the Win/2K3 documentation, once I setup the TSP it should list all the devices in the PBX (CCM in this case) and I should be able to assign user privileges for each device.

Also, I didn't see any mention to the cti super provider in the "Cisco TAPI Installation guide for Unified CallManager". What document should I look for reference?

Thanks again,

EGB

Once you install and configure the TSP (and reboot), you'll see all the devices associated with the application user that you used to have the TSP connect to the CCM. And all associated usually is not equal to all lines in the CCM.

And you need to look at the TAPI programming guide (you should have that document anyway since you're about to program something). Here's the appropriate direct link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/tapi_dev/5_0_4/developer/tapi.html

and a very useful link for the future: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

Thanks for the links. I've configured an application user and set it up in the TSP but the devices won't show in the list of devices. Maybe I'm doing something wrong there.

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

EGB

Well.. enable tracing in the TSP configuration then look at the logfiles..

Thanks, I got it working. One last question though. Does the Cisco TSP allows me to setup user - line(s) privilege? Because even when we login with the domain admin account into the TAPI server, right clicking on the line won't enable the edit user option.

TIA,

EGB

Line association has to be done on the CCM. You can't really configure much except connectivity properties in the TSP (and of course tracing).

Could you post here what you changed to get it working? It might be interesting for other people that encounter the same issue.

We had to restart the server, just stopping the telephony service and restarting it didn't work.

We did the line association in CCM but whenever my program queries the Tapi Addresses collection it returns all line devices available to the Application User we setup as the TSP user. I want to find a way to restrict the lines returned based on the windows user logged on at the workstation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: