cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) - UM MAPI issues

chriss
Level 1
Level 1

New install of Unity 5.0(1), Unified Messaging with an Exchange 2003 partner server. I've run the permissions wizard multiples times without errors, I have re-run the message store configuration, I have added all of my Unity Account into the Domain Admins and Exchange Server Admins Group. I have gone into Exchange System Manager and set all of my Unity Accounts as Exchange Full Admin, but when I try to access a user's mailbox I get "Your messages are not avaliable now". And I have the following in my event viewer

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 30003

Date: 7/21/2008

Time: 10:36:02 AM

User: N/A

Computer: MTUNITY

Description:

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by CsBMsgConnector via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: You do not have permission to log on..

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event ID: 30012

Description:

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by CsBMsgConnector via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Doh

Event ID: 32013

Description:

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

From the information at hand, this would seem to be a MAPI login error, but like I said, I've done everything that the instructions say to do, so what's my next step? I have a TAC case open right now, but still no resolution.

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The unitydirsvc account should only be Exchange View Only Admin. Log onto the Unity server with the Unitymsgstoresvc account and run Syscheck. Let us know if you get any errors here. Also, on one of the user's accounts that is getting the error, check the Security Tab - advanced features of the account in Active Directory and make sure the Unity accounts show there. Make sure Inheritance is checked on all Unity users. Another thing to check is in Unity Tools Depot - DC/GC Reconnect, make sure Unity is pointed to a well-connected DC and GC.

Ginger

No errors on Syscheck. I opened up my test account in AD and I do see the Unity accounts with various permissions assigned. They are assigned with a gray check mark which I assume means they are inherited permissions. I ran the DC/GC App as you have suggested and I tested the connection for the Domain Controllers and it passed, then I tested for the Global Catalog server and that passed. Any other thoughts?

your unity accounts might need to be local admins too.

Randy

Hi -

Please check out this link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml

I know you are running 5.x, but the DOH error message you are seeing could be a problem with the Unity_servername mailbox on the partner server. It includes some self-checks for you to do.

Ginger

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the security tab of the

properties for the mailboxstore in the Exchange System Manager, ensure deny is not checked for "send-as" and "receive-as" rights for the account which the AvCsMgr service is using to log-on as.

Hi -

The post by thfergus reminded me of the problems we had with Exchange KB926666 that was included in the 2007 DST fixes. Following the application of this patch, we needed to fix the Unity_servername mailbox. The unitymsgstoresvc account must have Send As permission to the Unity_servername mailbox. I included the "old" information here - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/620/fn62673.html

Ginger

Hi there

I have the exact same situation. Unity 5 with Exchange 2003(SP2), and I get these same 3 event errors.

I have tried all these suggestions, with no luck. I even ran through that doc (Thanks Ginger), but still the same.

I have downoaded the latest permissions wizard and ran that to.

I have made double sure af all these suggestions and even manually added even more domain rights for the users.

I can import them but trying to leave a message it plays an error message. These 3 event errors ceep popping up.

I also see another event error ID : 1096

Source : Unity_DSAD

Description :

The AVDSAD does not have a domain controller for the domain : xxxxxxxxxxx, and could not get one from Active directory. Ensure that a Domain Controller exists for this domain, that no DNS issues exist,

and that the Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AVDSAD) account has the propper rights.

In the DCGCreconnect tool I can see the local DC and GC and testing to them is successful.

Any ideas please.

Ian

I found it

Was getting this bug : CSCso10811

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: