cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 - Different mailboxes on same extension

fr0z3nph03n1x
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple partions on callmanager (6.1) allowing some extensions to overlap. For example x2222 could be in partition siteA and there could also be a x2222 in partition siteB. Both are on the same callmananger. Is there a way I can use one unity server and have it use seperate mailboxes for each of these extensions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity subscriber extensions must be unique. However, in Cisco Callmanager, you can configure and assign a different voicemail profile along with a different voicemail box mask to match the Unity subscriber extension, e.g. 2152222 and 6102222. You will also be required to turn on the 'Multitenant MWI service parameter' which will in turn use a translation pattern to turn on the right light.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity subscriber extensions must be unique. However, in Cisco Callmanager, you can configure and assign a different voicemail profile along with a different voicemail box mask to match the Unity subscriber extension, e.g. 2152222 and 6102222. You will also be required to turn on the 'Multitenant MWI service parameter' which will in turn use a translation pattern to turn on the right light.

I was thinking about something like this. This seems to be my best bet. thanks a bunch.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

For shared phone extensions, here is how we've handled:

Create Unity call handler that gets enabled for extension 2222. Create two users and voicemail enabled one user for extension 22221 and the other for 22222. Create caller input keys on the call handler with something like ... You've reached the shared phone extension for Jim and Jerry, to leave a voice message for Jim, press 1. To leave a voice message for Jerry, press 2. Set the phone's DN config settings for RNA and Busy to cover to voicemail. The call handler will pick up the call when not answered or busy.

Ginger

I don't think this is going to be a good way to solve my problem but thank you for your advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: