cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and File Access

jasonsuplita
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know what the consensus is on the rule that I have created. I want to allow users to upload documents, internall, to sharepoint without being queried that Internet Explorer is attempting to read a MS Office document. I do however want them to be queried if they are uploading to an external website. The dynamic application class that I have created, Trusted TCP Connections, only include the internal IP host to communicate to internal IP host. With my rule that I have created, am I opening myself up to any major security holes? Thanks and I appreciate all of your feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jason, it looks like you may have allowed all processes executing untrusted content to read and write files, not just the trusted LOGOS connections.

Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jason, it looks like you may have allowed all processes executing untrusted content to read and write files, not just the trusted LOGOS connections.

Tom

Wow, I didn't realize until you said that, that I could just include a dynamic application class as my only source. I thought I would have to use an application class with an executable and attach a dynamic class to that. That is great to know that I have that much more possiblities to use. Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Hi Jason,

Glad the forum was able to help!

Please do your part to improve the quality of the answers given in this forum and rate Tom's answer, especially if it helped solve your issue.

Best,

Paul

Thanks Paul... and Jason, I hope it's working the way you want it to...

Tom

Your advice worked like a charm! Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: