cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC 1DSU T1 puzzler

jasosan22
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1721 router with at WIC 1DSU T1(version 1) card. The router is running a static VPN tunnel to another site. With all of the IP services running and traffic the router is hitting 90% and dropping VOIP traffic. I upgraded the router to a 2811 with a WIC 1DSU T1 V2 card. The router dropps every other ping and traffice but it doesn't sho up in a <sho int> command. I upgraded to IOS version c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T5.bin. Is there a compatibility with the DSLAM? The routers have somewhat of the same config on them. Any suggestions? BTW I think that the ISP us spoofing a frame-relay connection and it is really ATM.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jason,

you should provide more information in order to get some help.

Interface configuration

sh frame-rel pvc

sh frame-rel lmi

Your provider can give you a FR PVC that is switched to an ATM pvc by using service interworking.

Your interface should be a serial interface with FR encapsulation not an ATM T1.

If the interface isn't up/up the router can't use it for traffic.

On the CO side there is a FR switch not a DSLAM.

Give a look at the following:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/interface/configuration/guide/ht1dsu.html

Notice there are some new commands about physical layer

Prerequisites

The following are prerequisites to enable the T1 CSU WIC:

•Leased line from your telephone company

•Configuration parameters as specified by your telephone company. For most connections, the following default settings should suffice:

-service-module t1 clock source line

-service-module t1 data-coding normal

-service-module t1 timeslots all speed 64

-service-module t1 framing esf

-service-module t1 lbo none

-service-module t1 linecode b8zs

-no service-module t1 remote-alarm-enable

-no service-module t1 fdl

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card