cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

distribute list and EIGRP

WILLIAM STEGMAN
Level 4
Level 4

I tried adding a distribute list command under the EIGRP routing process on an ASA, as I've done with routers before, that prevents the default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 from being propagated to EIGRP neighbors. Except, it seems with the ASA, that instead of denying the route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0, it filters all routes from being installed into EIGRP. I have a standard access list

access-li 1 deny 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

eigrp config

router eigrp 100

distribute-list 1 out

this has always worked in IOS, but seems to play differently in the ASA OS. How can I filter the default route on an ASA?

thank you,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To control the sending or receiving of candidate default route information, enter the following command:

hostname(config-router)# no default-information {in | out}

Configuring no default-information in causes the candidate default route bit to be blocked on received routes. Configuring no default-information out disables the setting of the default route bit in advertised routes.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

To control the sending or receiving of candidate default route information, enter the following command:

hostname(config-router)# no default-information {in | out}

Configuring no default-information in causes the candidate default route bit to be blocked on received routes. Configuring no default-information out disables the setting of the default route bit in advertised routes.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card