cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lwapp commands

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I can set the second wireless lan controller with static command. My access are configured with lwapp command:

AP#lwapp ap controller ip address <IP-address-wlc>

but, How I can set the second ip address of my controller with lwapp comands?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ricardo,

Using the CLI, follow these steps to configure primary, secondary, and tertiary controllers for a specific access point and to configure primary and secondary backup controllers for a specific controller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 To configure a primary controller for a specific access point, enter this command:

config ap primary-base controller_name Cisco_AP [controller_ip_address]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The controller_ip_address parameter in this command and the next two commands is optional. If the backup controller is outside the mobility group to which the access point is connected (the primary controller), then you need to provide the IP address of the primary, secondary, or tertiary controller, respectively. In each command, the controller_name and controller_ip_address must belong to the same primary, secondary, or tertiary controller. Otherwise, the access point cannot join the backup controller.

Step 2 To configure a secondary controller for a specific access point, enter this command:

config ap secondary-base controller_name Cisco_AP [controller_ip_address]

Step 3 To configure a tertiary controller for a specific access point, enter this command:

config ap tertiary-base controller_name Cisco_AP [controller_ip_address]

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.0/configuration/guide/c5lwap.html#wp1279106

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Good answer but I have the Software Version 4.1.185.0, this commands are not available in this version. There are another commands to specific the secondary controller in this version?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: