cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I block a specific incoming 10 digit number for CUCM 5.1(3)

shawzabeda
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fax number 647788XXXX that continues to call a user and I will like to block the specific incoming call. I have setup a translation pattern under call routing with route option - block this pattern - call rejected but it is not working.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM takes decisions on called number, not calling. one all time favorite question a quick search on NetPro would have provided you the answer

Call Blocking Configuration Examples

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con11

Reject Calls

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml#reject

In case you ask, only h323 can do this.

MGCP can NOT do this

in case you want to block an outgoing call from the fax to a particular number create a route pattern with the exact number and block the call.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the information. I did see the Netpro Q&A for the router config buy there was also the translation solution which I tried, I was hoping there was a simple config for the issue. My gateway is MGCP.

this fax connected to your router?

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If certain destinations should be blocked, depending on the calling device or user, calling

privileges have to be configured. With calling privileges, individual classes of service can be

configured per calling device. Blocked patterns, on the other hand, generally do not allow

calls to the matched number.

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if this fax connected to your mgcp router do the following

define it as a endopoint within ur CM and put give it a css that have acce a partition lets say called p1

then make an translation-pattren leave it empty

and make the partition for this translation pattrent p1

and give it a css that dose not include any partition of ur phone

no access to ur phone

try it and let me know

Thanks for the information but the fax line is not on my network. This is an an inbound fax call on the PRI Gateway

if u have ASA on the path u could do it

by useing MPF with regex

anyway good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: