VideoConference Call through Transparent Firewall

Unanswered Question
Jul 21st, 2008
User Badges:

I have the following issue with a videoconference call not being established through an ASA-5520 configured as transparent firewall (running 8.0.2)

I have an ethernet connection between two campus networks. In the middle, I installed a transparent firewall. I have been trying to make this work modifying the access-list, I even used a permit any any without succesfully completed a call. The call is completed when the firewall is disconnected between the two campus connection. The firewall is not inspecting any real-time traffic.

The call originator first contacts a gatekeeper in order to receive permission to call the other end point. I got the following logs from the core-switch when the call was succesfully completed (without firewall):

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted tcp <originator>(1033) -> <gatekeeper>(1264), 1 packet

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted tcp <gatekeeper>(1264) -> <originator>(1033), 1 packet

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted udp <end-point>(49184) -> <originator>(49172), 1 packet

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted udp <end-point>(49183) -> <originator>(49171), 1 packet

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted tcp <originator>(1033) -> <gatekeeper>(1264), 1 packet

5w6d: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list video permitted udp <end-point>(49185) -> <originator>(49173), 1 packet

When the firewall is installed a have conectiviy between originator, gatekeeper and end-point. I am allowing all UDP & TCP ports and still the calls are not completed.

Anybody can help?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion