Call Consult Transfer

Answered Question
Jul 21st, 2008
User Badges:

Hi, for Call Consult Transfer, why is the default ringing tone to the caller not the basic phone ring but instead its play music? And what does the DTMF Output pulse means?...

I want to have a ringing tone and after 8 sec if no one pick up it goes to a prompt and MOH loop will follow. I had tried using place call but strangely there is no ringing tone when the end user call rings. Anyway to do this?

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 8 years 8 months ago

Oops. I misspoke; that should have read Network Hold Source. These settings are static though... you can't change them mid-call. The CTI ports would have to be reset to make a change which will drop any calls in progress.

End User Hold should be what the caller hears when you use the Call Hold step. Network Hold is what the caller hears during system activities such as transfers [redirects].

"The integrated Music On Hold feature provides the ability to place on-net and off-net users on hold with music streamed from a streaming source. This feature includes the following actions:

•End user hold

•Network hold, which includes transfer hold, conference hold, and park hold

Music On Hold configuration comprises configuration of Music On Hold audio sources and Music On Hold servers. You can also enable a Music On Hold fixed audio source, and this audio source can allow multicasting.

For more information on how to use the Fixed MOH Audio Source Configuration window, refer to the Music On Hold chapter in the Cisco Unified CallManager Features and Services Guide. "

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 8 years 8 months ago

The User Hold Audio Source on the CTI Ports determine what the caller hears during alerting status. You should remove the User Hold Audio Source value if you wish to hear ring back.

DTMF Output gives you the option of playing DTMF tones (pre-defined or the value of an Int variable) to the called party. This is most commonly used with session management or transferring the call into another script (or ACD system) where you want to pass data represented by some DTMF string.

Overall Rating: 4.3 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 07/22/2008 - 03:34
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

The User Hold Audio Source on the CTI Ports determine what the caller hears during alerting status. You should remove the User Hold Audio Source value if you wish to hear ring back.

DTMF Output gives you the option of playing DTMF tones (pre-defined or the value of an Int variable) to the called party. This is most commonly used with session management or transferring the call into another script (or ACD system) where you want to pass data represented by some DTMF string.

kohhockguan Tue, 07/22/2008 - 07:55
User Badges:

Thanks, now I have a better picture. But there seems to have another problem as in my later part of the script I required he MOH.

I am trying to redirect the call to the receptionist ext after the ringing. Now if I have it off at the later part where I required the MOH I will have problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

kohhockguan Tue, 07/22/2008 - 17:36
User Badges:

I had checked the User On Hold Music Source and its setting is none. I don't think this is the cause of the call consult transfer playing the music...

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 07/22/2008 - 18:31
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Oops. I misspoke; that should have read Network Hold Source. These settings are static though... you can't change them mid-call. The CTI ports would have to be reset to make a change which will drop any calls in progress.

End User Hold should be what the caller hears when you use the Call Hold step. Network Hold is what the caller hears during system activities such as transfers [redirects].

"The integrated Music On Hold feature provides the ability to place on-net and off-net users on hold with music streamed from a streaming source. This feature includes the following actions:

•End user hold

•Network hold, which includes transfer hold, conference hold, and park hold

Music On Hold configuration comprises configuration of Music On Hold audio sources and Music On Hold servers. You can also enable a Music On Hold fixed audio source, and this audio source can allow multicasting.

For more information on how to use the Fixed MOH Audio Source Configuration window, refer to the Music On Hold chapter in the Cisco Unified CallManager Features and Services Guide. "

kohhockguan Tue, 07/22/2008 - 19:22
User Badges:

Thank you so much for the guidance! It works the way I wanted it to now.

Gundars Dubults Wed, 09/03/2008 - 01:12
User Badges:

Hi, can you provide the details how you made it work?

I've set network hold source to none but still not able to get ringback tone instead of MOH.

Thank you in advance.

kohhockguan Wed, 09/03/2008 - 01:45
User Badges:

What I did was to go to IVR folder to copy the ringback2 wave file and transfer it to the call manager in the MOH audio source.

Steps:

By default you can go to c:\Program Files\wfavvid\Prompts\system\G711_ULAW\default\ringback2 to get the ringback2 wave file.

Next create a new Music audio resource with this file on the Music On Hold Audio Source.

Finally change the affect CTI Ports - Network Hold MOH Audio Source to ringback2.

You should be able to hear the ring after that.

HTH

Mohammed Al-odhari Mon, 03/26/2012 - 00:53
User Badges:

Hi Mr, jonathan,

am having MOH issue and still can`t solve it.

i`m using cisco cucm-BE with mgcp protocol with the gateways,

When someone called form the pstn to the cucm and after he hear the autoattendant:

the    MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an    internal extension i hear a ring back tone and sometimes i hear the MOH  for one second but when i dial 0 i hear the   MOH Normally after "wait  while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension normally?

the following is done:

-am using unicast MOH

- that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

thanks

Actions

This Discussion