cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC - add contacts automatically

musil
Level 1
Level 1

I use Presence server (6.03/7.0 beta), CUCM 6.1 and MeetingPlace Express 2.0.2. How is it possible to prepare Contact list for new users of Personal Communicator? I want to avoid users to manually add 50 contacts by "Search" in LDAP. Where Presence stores Contacts?

I found topic "IP Telephony: CUPC listing users", which is probably answer to my question ("What you could do, not sure if it will work, but build one CUPC client, then use BAT and export it. Then copy and paste the output (if any for the buddy list) to another CUPC client."). Is it working?

Thanks,

Rudolf.

3 Replies 3

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Ridolf,

You have any luck with this?

Thanks.

Dat

I am a new administrator of Unified Presence 8.5, and I am wondering if this feature has been added or addressed since 6.0, 7.0 era. That was a long time ago, seems like some kind of attention may be paid to this matter. It is not trivial.

I see a bug CSCso41231 that was closed without resolution... Is that the end of the story?

Thanks,

--JP

All,

This functionality has been added to the new 8.6.1 release of CUPS.  We have added the capability to import users to contact lists via the bulk administration page of CUPS.  Unfortunately there is no way of doing this in bulk in prior releases of CUPS.

Regards,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: