Media Server on Reporting Server

Answered Question
Jul 22nd, 2008

Hi

Im planning on an upgrade of our contact center at the moment. I have a list of servers. We are using Nuance speech recogniser and I was hoping to put the CVP Media server on that also. But then I would have apache and IIS looking to use port 80.

So my question is, how well would the media server run on the reporting server? Would I hit capacity issues?

This is IPCC enterprise. Its CVP 4.1 Im installing.

Thanks

Michael

Correct Answer by stacjohn about 8 years 7 months ago

Hi Michael,

As stated in the BOM and the SRND, the media server can co-reside with the Call Server, VXML Server, or a combination of both.

We do not support co-residing the Media Server with the Reporting Server, but this combination would most likely work. Since the media server is typically not heavily used, you should not hit capacity issues as a result of co-residing the reporting and media server.

A co-resident Media Server and reporting server may perform similar to a co-resident reporting server and call server in a Standalone VoiceXML deployment. In the latter, the Call Server does not have a significant impact on the performance of the deployment model, and the sizing information listed in the SRND about the Reporting Server still stands.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
stacjohn Tue, 07/22/2008 - 05:33

Hi Michael,

As stated in the BOM and the SRND, the media server can co-reside with the Call Server, VXML Server, or a combination of both.

We do not support co-residing the Media Server with the Reporting Server, but this combination would most likely work. Since the media server is typically not heavily used, you should not hit capacity issues as a result of co-residing the reporting and media server.

A co-resident Media Server and reporting server may perform similar to a co-resident reporting server and call server in a Standalone VoiceXML deployment. In the latter, the Call Server does not have a significant impact on the performance of the deployment model, and the sizing information listed in the SRND about the Reporting Server still stands.

david.macias Tue, 07/22/2008 - 10:17

Just one more thing to supplement what was said, you can not have two applications using the same port. You will have to have IIS and Apache use different ports... usually 80 and 8080.

david

mlong0000 Tue, 07/22/2008 - 13:35

Hi

thanks for the replies.

David, yeah that was the problem I have ran into. This is why I was looking to use a different server than the nuance server.

StacJohn, thanks for the info. I had read the BOM and SRND but I was still unsure of where would be best to have the media server. This is a big self service site and I was afraid that with so much vxml traffic that it would not be the best idea to have the media server on the vxml server. I would prefer not to use the call server. So I will put the media server on the reporting server.

geoff@hp.com Tue, 07/22/2008 - 14:56

With optimized caching on your gateways, the hit on your media stores is really low.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion