Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console with CCM 612

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having an issue with AC for Call Manger Buusiness Edition 612 in that whe nI try to open the application, I get "Error communicating with Server" message. I have full ip connectivity to the server. I have configured the AC app user, auth user and attendent console user and given them all the relevent permissions. I am not using a pilot point as there is only one phone and 1 extension. Has anybody had issues with AC and this version of Call Manager?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

From the PC where you are trying to lucnh the application, can you telnet x.x.x.x 2748 where x.x.x.x is your callmanager/cti manager IP address..

secondly do a search on this forum and you will see lots of posts on ac with ccm 6.

Lastly here are a few things to check. In this there are about 3 threads, see if any helps

---------Configuring AC with ccm 6---------

Create AC user account

!

Create AC Pilot number

Give directory number

Set Partition

Set CSS (ensure CSS has access to all other device partitions)

Save and return to configure pilot group

Add hunt users

To add AC user lines select User Memeber in pop up window then use bottom two drop down boxes

Select save then close

To add futher users repeat last 3 steps

Save changes

Note that the pilot point is not registered yet

!

Create ac Application User account

DO NOT add any devices, pilot points or route points

Just create it and save it

!

Go to User Groups

Enter "standard cti" as the search criteria and click find

Add the ac application user account to the following user groups:

Standard CTI Enable, CTI Allow Call Monitoring, CTI Allow Call Park Monioting and CTI Allow Control of All Devices

!

Go to Cisco Unified Serviceablity

Go to Tools>Control Centre - Feature Services

Select server that Cisco CTIManager and Cisco CallManager Attendant Console Server are running on and restart the two services

!

If you go back to the pilot point it should now be registered

!

Install the Attendant Console software on the receptionists PC

Enter the CallManager's IP address the above services are running on and the DN number of the receptionists phone

Then enter the AC user account and password that you created at the start

As soon as call control has started, go online and all should be working.

-------------------

Hey everyone so I told you I'd reload my environment and test and report back...well guess what....

****** This bug is back in 6.1.1(2000)*******

CSCsi60111 Bug

The big ID said it was fixed in 6.1.1(1000) apparently they must have used some bits of code from a previous ver prior to build (1000) for build (2000) and now its back.

WTF!

Per the workaround of the bug all I did was change the PW of the "ac" account then bounce the ACServer and CTIManager Services and it came right up. No hesitations.

Again this bug is related to upgrading from 4.1 using the DMA import and call control not establishing right after the upgrade.

----------------------------------

troubleshooting...

I found this in the troubleshooting guide.

Initialization of Telephony Fails

Symptom

The attendant received a message that the initialization of telephony failed.

Possible Cause

The following list gives additional causes:

•No attendant console application user and/or authorization user exists.

•The controlled phones do not reside in the controlled device list of the attendant console authorization user.

•The user names that you set for the attendant console application user and the authorization user on the Application Configuration window do not match the usernames that you set for these users in the Cisco CallManager Attendant Console Server service parameters.

•The attendant console application user is not associated to the Standard CTI Enabled user group, Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring user group, and/or the Standard Allow Control of All Devices user group in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

Even though I had Standard Allow control of all devices selected, it did not work for me until I added the Standard CTI Enabled user group and Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring user group to the "ac" user.

Call control came up immediately when I saved the user settings.

Please rate all useful posts

Excellent, this got my AC working immediately!

5 points for you!

:)

Eugene

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: