cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP GW registration

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a 2801 router configured a MGCP however when I`ve added the commends amongst others call-agent ...., ccm-manager config I do not see it registered being registered. Also I not see the XML confirmation on the CLI of the router when it down loads the Config file. There is a Firewall in between but I`ve allowed the IP address of the CCM and the PORT 2427. What I`m I missing

thanks

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you are sure you have configured evrything correctly,

issue the command

conf t

no mgcp

mgcp

You could also have a look at this wonderful doc and see if you are missing any thing iny our config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b61.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

Attached are some files with sh run, debug ccm-manager. The GW is failing to register to the CUCM, there is a firewall in the middle and the rules are from CUCM to SRST

16384-32767

TFTP 69

From SRST to CUCM

2727 (MGCP_CA)

2427 (MGCP_MG)

2428 (MGCP_BACKHAUL)

The host name matches the GW in CUCM

There are no Dial-peers at the moment as I want just MGCP so I understand I do not need dial-peers but will be using it as SRST so I will add them but again I think I do not need to add the commend "application mgcpapp" under the DIAL-Peers as they will be H323. If I add ccm-manager fallback then the GW`s E1 comes up connecting to a local PABX using h323

help very much needed thanks

Files

What is the domain name in the call manager?

do you just have the host name of the router, it should be

BESRST.be.net.intra

You need to give the FQDN in CCM if its setup that way. I would say that the config looks fine!

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: