Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Problem with MeetingPlace Express 2.0.3 with Video Advantage

Hello,

I've just installed a MPE 2.0.3 and integrated it with CUCM6.1.

When I try to do Video COnference between 2 Ip communicator with the Video Advantage, the video is not working (audio OK).

When The 2 ip Communicator are doing a normal call between them, the video is working fine.

What could be the problem? Is there a configuration to authorize the video conference ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Baptiste

11 Replies 11

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Baptiste,

have you made video types available for the user or user group? in the "user group management" under the section "video preferences" you can add one or more video types e.g. "general use" to a user group.

Name: General Use

Codec: H.263

Min Bit Rate: 192

Max Bit Rate: 384

SRU cost: 1

Note:

regards, Oliver

I am having this same issue, and I have made available the video types. Where you able to make this work?

acidburn82
Level 1
Level 1

That's also my problem. Can't get the video to work. ;(

Please check 'video usage' under the restrictions section, located in the user or group profiles. It may need to have host video or reserve video set. HTH

There's everything OK. I think the problem is that, that I'm using CCM 4.x with SIP trunk. So, as I found in a manual, my configuration doesn't support video. Let's wait some weeks, when we migrate to CCM 7.2

Hi,

I have just deployed MPX with CCM 4.2(3) and am hitting the same issue - i.e. CUVA to CUVA calls are fine for audio & video but when the two CUVA endpoints join a MPX videoconference then there is no video- just audio.

The video usage restrictions are set to "Can attend + host video meetings + reserve video ports".

I am connecting from CCM to MPX via a Gatekeeper controlled trunk but don't think this could be an issue.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi! Yes, that's the problem. We just need the video mixing hardware. :(

/me - excited - waiting for my new MP7 deployment.

Hi Matt,

Check your device pool assigned to meeting place gateway. the region assigned to it might not have enough video bandwidth or it might be disabled.

Hi Israel,

thanks for the feedback. however, i have checked this and there is unlimited video & audio bandwidth in the Location assigned as well as there being up to 384kbps for video calls (using G.711 for audio).

Oh well, I'll keep trying :-)

Many thanks,

Matt

Maybe you can try creating a direct h323 gateway to the MPX and see if it works and if it does then something might be missing on the GK.

I think this is my next step. My Gatekeeper config is actually minimal but it is a good idea to see if things work without it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: