cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Selection (color models)

shanepresley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I'm looking at Cisco VoIP phones, and was wondering which model would be the lowest price with a color display? My initial research tells me the 7945, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

You are most correct my friend :) The 7945/7965 are the lowest priced Color IP Phone models.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

You are most correct my friend :) The 7945/7965 are the lowest priced Color IP Phone models.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, that does help.

Could you give me a quick overview of the differences between the 7945 and 7965? Is it mainly the additional programmable buttons on the right?

Hey Shane,

You are most welcome :) Yes, these models carry on the same type of relationship as the 7940/7960 and 7941/7961 did with the two vs six Line Key buttons.

Here are the Data Sheets for both;

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8534/product_data_sheet0900aecd8069bb80.html

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8537/product_data_sheet0900aecd8069bd58.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks again Rob, I read both data sheets. They mention that the key buttons can be used for "telephone lines (or combination of lines, speed dials, and direct access to telephony features)"

We will only have 2 lines, so I'm curious about what some other uses might be of the keys. Aside from speed dials, what are some typical uses of the "direct access to telephony features"?

Would the "four interactive soft keys" provide the same capabilities?

I've used the Programable Line Keys for Speed Dials, Busy Lamp Fields, Service URLs, Intercom Keys, MeetingPlace Express, Some of the Soft Keys like Transfer and Conference. And that was a quick list.

Most of those you can not program on soft keys as they require Programable Line Keys.

Most of our users have 7941s as they only have one extension and I can add whatever PLK they need.

Your decision is totally based on what your users need. I like the extra keys, but I'm a phone geek. :-)

Thanks for the examples, that helps a lot.

Hi,

Though this Portable Product Sheet would come handy for phone comparison.

-> Sushil

Excellent document, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: