Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring FXO port whit a Cisco IP Phone in CCM 6.1

marco.rivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Currently working as support engineer in the area of telephony and PBX, we have CCM 6.1 and Cisco Routers 2811 whit IOS c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-7d.bin.

I was that CME can be monitored on an IP Phone the FXO ports and I would love to have this also on the network we have with CCM 6.1, the idea is to see in a 7960 IP Phone that FXO ports are busy at some point in the Router .

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im not quite sure what you are trying to relay, but here is my take. You have a 7960 phone and add the FXO line to button #2 on the 7960. You can then see if the FXO is on/off hook correct? If the FXO is MGCP controlled, it should be able to notify you of on/off hook status indicator on the phone.

Thank you for answering the message, your affirmation is correct; I have 7960 ip Phone and a desire to monitor the status of FXO ports on the buttons on the phone.

The port is controlled by Media Gateway Control Protocol in CCM 6.1, and the router is a 2811 with IOS said.

Thank you for the information they can provide to resolve this concern.

Thank you….

How is this accomplished?

Now that I think about it a little more, I think it will only work with an ATA or VG device. I dont think the FXO or FXS can on/off hook monitored as second line on the phone. maybe.. but i do not have the equipment in front of me to try.

Basically, you can add an extension the MGCP controlled FXO. Take that line that is built on the FXO, and add it to the 7960 button #2 or whatever. It should create a shared line appearance then.

Thanks again,

I understand the idea but I have not succeeded in doing in the lab, in the examples I looked they do with Call Manager Express and for the case but did not apply because I have CCM 6.1.

Basically what they do is build on the Dial-a Peer a Trunk monitor associated with a group that contain an extension associated with the port, then set a few lines on the IP Phone to see the extension.

I am grateful for the help they can provide….

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: