cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Recording

Keith Fulcher
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a good Call Recording solution, where the user can activate the recording per button. It needs to be compatible with the CUCM 6.1.2 Encryption would also be a plus.

8 Replies 8

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

A good call recording solution that is easy to admin and easy for users is a TelRex product called CallRex.

http://www.telrex.com

One thing though, since TelRex uses port spanning, as all good call recording software I've seen does, you cannot record only a single line of your IP Phone. All voice packets are captured by the call recorder, no matter what line the call is on.

Does anyone know of a solution that does not use a span port. I need the ability for the user to selectively choose when and what to record.

i believe there is no recording SW that does not uses that as already mentioned, even UCCX and UCCE to enable monitoring and recording require you to span the port, otherwise how would you be able to capture the packets from a particular phone at any given time?

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There should be a way for the recording server to act like a 3rd person in a conference call.

In my theory:By pushing 1 button it will build a Silent Conference call where the Recording Server can then grab the packets as a participant. If that makes any since. There is a product that boasts this method called: ASC Evoip Active.

I am just trying to find alternatives, in case they are too expensive or the support is bad. It is hard to believe that they are the only ones that are doing this. I would think that large companies would want a feature where the recording could be started only when needed.

Hi Tim,

Here is a recording solution that may suit your needs. Push a button to record from this point forward or capture the entire call, even backwards in time.

Your comment "for the recording server to act like a 3rd person in a conference call" is a feature which should be available in CCM 7.x or so...

Feel free to contact me if you have questions;

pmuller@activeobjects.com

http://www.activeobjects.com/solutions/aware/default.aspx

Good Luck,

Peter

dbovardcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Voiceprint.

www.vpi-corp.com

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Nice and Witness

CUCM 6.x incorporates new recording featurs for 3rd genertaion phones

noeparenteau
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest EDIGIN.

We have installed their product and it works great.

Support is outstanding/fast/very helpful.

Cost is worth it.

One button record is easy-peasey.

Call them.

You will be 'saved'.

They saved me.

www.edigin.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: