cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Ft config sync question during primary ACE blade replacement

DOUG KIRK
Level 1
Level 1

I am replacing my primary ACE blade and am wondering if when I reconfigure the admin context with the ft groups will I have any issues syncing the secondary back to the primary? I don't want to run the risk of a blank config from the new primary blade being pushed to secondary.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How will you synch the

resource-class/Vlan allocations related changes to the peer? if its not configured?

Yes it should be in a FT group.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Treat the current as primary and put the new module as a secondary (by applying low priority vlaues for ft vlans ) and disable premption.

Complete steps will be...

Before putting the new module in, configure the standby (which should be acting as master -- since primary is out) module with the "no-preempt" option on each FT vlan.

Now with new module

1. Bring the new ACE module online and upgrade it to the same software than is running on the temp master.

2. Define all of your resource-maps, FT vlans

3. Add "no preempt", set a lower "priority" than is defined on the peer (temp master)

4. Install any SSL certificates

5. Define your context (repeating the same for SSL certs if necessary).

6. Add the command "ft auto-sync" to your Admin context.

7. Once the configuration has synced, (by confirming the FT status is now

"FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT"), you're ready to perform the FT switch over.

8.In your Admin context, change the peer priority to be lower than the new

master for each FT group, then issue the command "ft switchover X",

replacing X with each FT group beginning in the Admin context, then doing the same in your other context.

Thanks

Syed

Syed,

thanks for the insight. I will make the necessary changes to the FT groups during configuration.

doug

1 more question, should the admin context be in an FT group? We currently don't have this configured because the configuration documentation was vague on this.

thanks

How will you synch the

resource-class/Vlan allocations related changes to the peer? if its not configured?

Yes it should be in a FT group.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: