cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Upgrade from 5.1.3 to 6.1.2

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if I can upgare Call Manager from 5.1.3 to 6.1.2. Is this possible or I have to from 5.1.3 to 6.0 and then from 6.2 to 6.1.2.

Please let me know and also if any one know where to down the software from Cisco, please send me the link.

I downloaded the software, but that is from 6.0 to 6.1.2

Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rohan,

Both of these upgrades will require you to order the Media Kits and License via PUT;

Upgrade Paths To Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(2)

You can upgrade directly to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(2) from:

•4.2(3x)

•5.1(2x)

•5.1(3x)

•6.0(1a)

•6.1(1x)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution: Use the ISO files that are mentioned in the "Upgrading from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0.(1a) or higher to Release 6.1(2) by Using the UCSInstall File" section for upgrades from 6.1(1x)only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrading from Unified CM 4.x and 5.x

If you are upgrading from 4.1.3, 4.2.3, 5.1.1, 5.1.2, or 5.1.3, use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) or the PUT that is for registered customers only to obtain a media kit and license or to purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

To use the PUT, youmust enter your Cisco contract number (Smartnet, SASU or ESW) and request the CD/CD set. If you do not have a contract for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you must purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

For more information about supported Unified CM upgrades, see the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Compatibility Matrix at the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_device_support_tables_list.html

From these good release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucm-rel_note-612.html#wp396032

Upgrade Paths To Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(1b)

It is possible to upgrade directly to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(1b) from:

•4.1(3x)

•4.2(3x)

•5.1(1x)

•5.1(2x)

•5.1(3x)

•6.0(1x)

•6.1(1x)

Caution: Use the iso files mentioned in the "Upgrading from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1a) or 6.1(1a) to Release 6.1(1b) Using the UCSInstall File" section for upgrades from 6.0(1a) or 6.1(1a) to 6.1(1b) only.

Upgrading from CUCM 4.x and 5.x

If you are upgrading from 4.1.3, 4.2.3, 5.1.1, 5.1.2, or 5.1.3, use the Product Upgrade Tool (PUT) or the PUT for registered customers only to obtain a media kit and license or purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_1/cucm-rel_note-611b.html#wp253846

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I already ordered the media using the PUT tool. But that media I am getting for is from 5.1.3 to 6.0.

I need the media for 5.1.3 to 6.1.2. I looked

on cisco and they do not have anything to download from 5.1.3 to 6.1.2

They have it for 6.0 to 6.1.2

Please let me know if you know where to download from.

Thanks

Hi Rohan,

There are no Downloadable files available to go from CCM 5.1(3) to CCM 6.1(2) You will have to use the Media you ordered to go from 5.1(3) to 6.0(x) and then use the files you downloaded to go from 6.0.(x) to 6.1(2) or just order the 5.1(3) to 6.1(2) Media via PUT.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: