Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM still in Learning State

sameoj1881
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have manually seeded 62 devices in the DCR Master(RME),DFM is my DCR slave,out of these 62 devices, 32 devices are in learning state. 30 devices are neither learned,questioned nor known.

My question is how long does it take for DFM devices to move from learning to known.

Your comment is deeply appreciated,thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on the network speed. In general, it should take no more than 10 minutes for the device to transition from Learning to Known. However, there is a bug in DFM < 3.1 which might cause a device to hang in a Learning state then move to Questioned with an internal error. If you already have DFM 3.0.3 or DFM 2.0.11, then you will need to contact the TAC to get a patched DFMInChargeSubscriber.class to fix this. This patch is included in DFM 3.1, and there is another bug which affects DFM 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.0.2 which requires an upgrade to 3.0.3 to fix.

Hi,

Its over one day that have installed DFM 3.0.3 update yet 33 devices out of the 100 devices seeded on the DCR master are still in learning state.

DFM has seen just 33 devices out of 100, DFM is a DCR slave and all 33 devices are in learning state.

What can i do to ensure that DFM sees other devices and its able to know them.

Your comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have already told you what I think you're seeing. Try contacting the TAC for the class file patch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: