cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC

msmrrobin
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to embark on an MPLS rollout (in a hub and spoke configuration - all remote offices will connect to the main office for Internet). We have about 1400 users. Which NAC solution would be right for us: 3 500 user servers or 1 1500 user server?

2 Replies 2

steavg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This kinda depends if you're going for a centralized or de-centralized design....depending on the number of users per site.

You could go for a 3310 in your central site (up to 500 users) and use ISR NAC modules or other 3310's in the branch offices...

Central site I would go for IB deployment and for the branch sites you can choose either OOB or IB.

or just pop a 3350 in your central site and have all clients authenticated by that appliance..

hope this helps,

cheers

stefan

Thanks for your reply. I would like to keep it centralized to keep the cost down. I was considering the 3350, but our vendor was worried about the throughput between the NAC device and our Core switch (it's only 1Gbps). I don't want to create any bottleneck issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card