cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Hunt Groups limitations

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who purchased a UC500-24U-8FXO unit and would like to have hunt groups setup. What I'm finding is it looks like the limit is 4 Hunt groups. They also would like for it to do a ring all the extensions that belong to a certain hunt group, like a broadcast hunt group in UCM. They also mentioned that if one Hunt Group doesn't answer they would like it to ring another hunt group, kind of like a Hunt List. What I'm seeing is it only allows 4 Hunt Groups, it only has the options: sequential, longest-idle, or peer (no idea what that is) for calls to phones, and if No one answeres then it does -Forward to None, Auto Attendant, or Voice mail, not another Hunt Group. Please let me know if I'm on the right track so I can go back to customer and figure out a new call flow, or let me know if it is supported.

1 Reply 1

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

UC500 is running CME. You should be able to have 1-100 hunt groups. I just created 6 hunt groups on my test UC500 and it worked just fine. What version of IOS are you running on the UC500? I've tested 12.4.11XW5 As for the broadcast, UC500 today doesn't support this. However, check this post out.. http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbef852

CME 4.3 has support for parrallel hunts for both SCCP and SIP. CME 4.0/4.1 & 4.2 only supported parrallel hunt with only SIP Phones.

To ring other hunt group if noone doesn't answer, the final extension needs to be the other hunt group dialed. *Note if the second group has a hunt pilot specified as the final destination also, you will not be able to add it as a final destination.*

For example:

Ephone-hunt 1 seq

list 2001, 2002, 2003

pilot 2000

final 2004 (Hunt Pilot)

ephone-hunt 2 seq

list 2010, 2011, 2012

pilot 2004

final 2999 (AA)

I hope this helps..