cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Unity default greeting

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

While Unity is playing a call handler greeting, if the caller inputs a value that Unity does nto understand, Unity plays the Default Opening greeting.

How do I disable this behavior? I vaguely remember that this could be done in the Advance Setting Tool but I don't recall the option.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

This is from Unity Design Engineer Jeff Lindborg;

"You can expose the error greeting in the SA interface using the Advanced Settings tool. You can also use BulkEdit to do the for all your handlers and subscribers if you like - there's a special option called "loop back to self" for the error greeting option that's made just for this type of thing." Jeff

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

This is from Unity Design Engineer Jeff Lindborg;

"You can expose the error greeting in the SA interface using the Advanced Settings tool. You can also use BulkEdit to do the for all your handlers and subscribers if you like - there's a special option called "loop back to self" for the error greeting option that's made just for this type of thing." Jeff

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks, now I remember what to look for...

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc.

Error Greetings

Easily the most misunderstood and overlooked item by Unity administrators. The first problem is by default this greeting doesn't even show up in the SA interface at all so folks don't even know it's there. And if they do, folks often don't understand what it does, exactly.

Step one is to expose it in the SA. This can be done using the Advanced Settings tool found in the “Administration Tools” section of the Tools Depot. The option you want is “Expose the error greeting for subscribers on the SA” - just set it's value to “1” and the “Error” greeting option will appear in the greetings drop down list for all subscribers and call handlers in the SA. Frankly I think this should be on by default but in early versions of Unity we got so many calls from folks wanting to know what this error in the SA was about the decision was made to hide it in the interface since at that time the need to customize the greeting's behavior was very limited. This is probably one of those decisions that needs to be revisited now that the product's matured some and the smart, good looking, savvy folks who are out there selling and installing it are ready to handle some additional complexity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: