Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UpdateUser encoding

Hi,

I'm trying to update an user with special characters (ã = a tilde) in the firstName. I do the request encoding with UTF-8 but the name is saved with a strange character replacing the original one. When I save directly using CCMAdmin it works, just the AXL cannot do this.

I'm using CCM version 4.2(3) and C# 2.0.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Have you tried encoding using the standard codepage of your ccm (in Spain I think it should be latin1 but I don't know about other Spanish speaking countries).. I don't recall the specifics but I know that since users are in dc directory and the rest in sql server, you need different encoding for data that goes in each and I'm not sure which way around it goes.

If you upgrade to CCM5 or higher that problem goes away since everything is in the database.

Hey, how do I set this standard codepage property on ccmadmin? My native language is Portuguese (Brazil), probably latin1 too.

And I can't go to CCM5, because this application must run on both, 4, 5 and 6.

Thank you for your help.

Uhoh.. ccm 4 is completely different from ccm5 and above.. I have two different axl classes one to talk to ccm4 and one to talk to ccm6.. and a lot of things have changed in the user object between the releases (certainly between 4 and 5... 6 retakes the options from 5 and adds new ones as wel).

In 4, the codepage is determined by the codepage of windows.. so you can log in and check that. In 5/6 it should always be utf-8 (at least for axl.. pushing data to the phone is another story entirely - I currently have a case open because jtapi's data passthrough acts rather weird and gives different results on different phone types and in function of which of the two send methods you use).

Uhmm, this is a problem 'cause the server has English OS. Strange the fact I can post by ccmadmin without any problem, using special chars. But the AXL XML is set to UTF-8 (as the HTML Header too) and even sending the ã or sending the HTML code for this on XML body, I can't upload this.

Well, my solution will be replace the char for the ordinary relative, without accent, at least when running over CCM4.

Thanks, Stephan!

Have you tried on ccm5/6? I think utf-8 should be fine there.

Not yet, we are creating a LAB with CCM5 and 6 to test our applications, but it's not ready yet.

Hi, problem solved!

Making some tests today I found the solution for my problem. The WebRequest object should use "Western European (Windows)" encoding (1252), the .NET class System.Text.Encoding.Default... Even using as XML Header...

But the WebResponse object need to decoded using UTF8 (1252 doesn't work here).

I hope to help someone else with the same issue.

Tks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: