Views
Helpful
Replies

Identification Call Outside

jeffersonislan
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning

My name is Jefferson Islan from Brazil. I use Call Manager 4.12 and I need to identify external call. At IP Phone show number this person external, but I need to show the name this person and number. There is software that I can to register this information (Person Name and Number External)

Thank You

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure there is any software that can do this. I wouldn't have thought any exists as it would need to be intelligent enough to know the location of the incoming number and what company it has come from.

The best way to configure this is to give 10-15 of your most common external contacts individual DID numbers. You could then set up the Alerting name on the lines for each of them?

Please rate post.....

I think in some software integrated with the Call Manager to enable the registration of the name of the company and the phone. When the phone call show the company name in my ip phone.

Do you know software or another procedure?

Thank you

Hi, there isn't any software that I know of that can do this.

The best way to set this up is explained in my previous messages. You will have to use some of your DID numbers to do this which is a small dissadvantage but it would enable you to see on the phone exactly who's calling.

Another possibility is the display IE capablity on the gateway but this isn't something I've ever set up between different companies.

Please rate post.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: