Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA SIP Design

Hi,

Need your help in understanding this.

There's a central location with let's say 5 ATAs and some 10 remote locations each with one ATA.

AIM - To have communication between all the analog phones connected to ATAs in all locations.

Challenge - CCM or CCME can not be positioned.

Solution - Have SIP firmware running on ATA considering the fact that H.323 and MGCP images are EOS for ATA.

Now all these ATAs can not have a communications amongst each other witohut an additional component.

My undersanding is that the additional component would be a proxy server. Do I need a Registrar server [Or a proxy server which can act as a registrar server] also?

Considering the fact that Cisco SIP Proxy server is EOS is there any product from cisco which can help achieve this? At this point of time I am not considering any third party products and wanted to explore Cisco Product line to achieve this.

-> Sushil

2 Replies 2

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco Presence Server CUPS 6.0, achieve's this. It will need to be licensed, however buying CCM gives you the license necessary to run the SIP-UA service of CUPS for free. I am running 2 CUPS servers for a SIP Proxy in a productions network and I love it!

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Thanks Chad,

I completely forgot about the Presence server.

I'll have to see if I can position a presence server just for this purpose.

-> Sushil