Helpful
Replies

Mesh networking

sdeva1986
Level 1
Level 1

Equipments being used:

1) Cisco 2106 WLAN controller

2) Cisco 1131AG access points (LWAPP mode)

3) Cisco catalyst 2950 switch

Hi,

My setup is as follows:

My access point is registered with the WLAN controller via the switch. When i try to change the mode of the access point to bridge. It does not accept the change. My aim is to create a mesh network using 1131AG access points.So my question is:

Can I setup a mesh network using Cisco 1131AG access point in LWAPP mode or do i need to change them to autonomous mode?

Any documentations or comments will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sri

5 Replies 5

mirizarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to setup the 1130 at a Enterprise Wireless Mesh. Take a look at this link for the F&A for Enterprise Wireless Mesh:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/prod_qas0900aecd806bde44_ps6087_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Hi Sri

You need to upgrade your ios to mesh ios which is available in cisco site

you can connect up to 4 ap's ads mesh access point

Thank You for the help

Now, i can finally setup my mesh network :D

The mesh trains are due to reconverge shortly so you will have all the 5.1x features available as well.

bgust3412
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this but you need 4.1.191M. It's the code that will enable you to put the AP in bridge mode. Here are the release notes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: