Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup Question.

Morning,

I have a (hopefully) quick query regarding Call Pickups.

Our Marketing Department would like to pick up our Sales Department calls and vice versa.

The Marketing Dept have their own pickup group with the Call Pick number 8524

All members of the Marketing Department are in the Marketing Pickup Group

The Marketing Dept have their own pickup group with the Call Pick number 8509. All members of the Marketing Department are in the Marketing Pickup Group

To enabled these two department to pickup each others calls, I added the Call Pickup number into the Pickup group, for example. Marketing Number is 8524, I added the Sales number (8509) to this pickup group.

However, they still cannot pickup each others call. Is there something i am missing out on or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether.

I posted screen grab to try and make more sense of this.

Many thanks

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Indeed this works corerctly. I just did an implementation with 1200 pickup groups, where basically every DN belonged to it's own pickup group to replicate Siemens PIC feature. User would use the GPickUp softkey button and enter 55+4 digit DN to enter their phone calls from other devices, in order to still provide them with true pickup functionallity I utilized the OPickUp, so for example userA and userB belong to their respective pickup groups, yet the 2 pickup groups are nested, which means OPickUp will simply answer the call.

You can also change the "Auto Call Pickup Enabled" service parameter to True, so that when you press the OPickUp or PickUp softkey it automatically answers the call, instead of needing to press Answer again.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Are they using the soft key Other Group PickUp? OPickUp is the name and is not in the default template.

Hi,

They are using the Softkey on their hardphone to pick up calls.

Thanks

Anthony

PickUp picks up calls in their group

GPickUp allows them to enter an alterate group number

OPickUp picks up calls in another group number

Which one are they using?

Do you need help adding a new softkey?

Hi,

i think you hit the nail on the head there.

I will let you know how I get now,

Many Many Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

Just to add a note to the great info from Liz (+5 points for this Liz :)

I just labbed this up to test your config and Liz is most correct that if you want a single Key Press for Pickup between groups (Sales and Marketing) you will need to add OPickup to the Softkey Template (just tried it out and it works great!)

If you don't change this you can also use Group Pickup and dial the 4-digit Pickup Group # (8524 or 8509) to have the calls redirected properly.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Indeed this works corerctly. I just did an implementation with 1200 pickup groups, where basically every DN belonged to it's own pickup group to replicate Siemens PIC feature. User would use the GPickUp softkey button and enter 55+4 digit DN to enter their phone calls from other devices, in order to still provide them with true pickup functionallity I utilized the OPickUp, so for example userA and userB belong to their respective pickup groups, yet the 2 pickup groups are nested, which means OPickUp will simply answer the call.

You can also change the "Auto Call Pickup Enabled" service parameter to True, so that when you press the OPickUp or PickUp softkey it automatically answers the call, instead of needing to press Answer again.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

I have tested this and this is working like a dream, except they user have to press answer when the call is presented at their phone. Where is this Auto Call Pickup Enabled parameter and is this a universal parameter. I am wary of changing this as it might impact our Call Centre and IPCC setup

Thanks a million

Anthony

So Glad I could help! The service parameter only applies to call pick up, so no worries about call centre and IPCC.

It's under advanced service parameters - default is false, just set to true and it will be applied cluster wide.

"Auto Call Pickup Enabled : This service parameter determines whether the auto call pickup feature is enabled. Auto call pickup connects the user to an incoming call in a call pickup group so that when the user presses the PickUp, GPickUp, or OPickUp softkey on the phone, Cisco CallManager locates the incoming call in the group and completes the call connection. Valid values specify True (enable auto call pickup) or False (disable auto call pickup)."

Chris,

This is really nice! Nice one! +5 point for this.

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: