Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple context

prakashkamte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have configured multiple context on ext firewall , created subinterface and configured failover in external firewal it works fine but unable to ping the router ,there are 2 different link for the router and there is no rdundancy at router level can anybody help on this implementation part,i am attaching the network diagaram for ref

5 Replies 5

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Are you talking about the perimeter routers? so the routers are conencted to different providers. right? and you want to load balance or have redundancy between the routers and the ASA firewalls?

Hi Francisco,

yes you are right,but one MPLS other is Internnet link,MPLS is for internal access and Internet is for Public access ,please suggest as to how shold i configure the router and ASA .

Ok. Because the routers are not routing to the same destination, (internet) the only redundancy you will have is on the ASA level because only one router is used for internal routing to the DR site while the other is routing externally to the internet. You can setup the ASA's in Active/standby mode and only one is active and the other is standby to take over if the active fail. Setup your switches (C3750) to use the active ip address on the ASA's as the default gateway as well as your DMZ External servers. On the ASA's setup a default route to the perimeter internet router for internet connection and a static router to your DR site.

Are your C3750 switches stacked? Looks like you don't have any connection between those switches!!

i am making sense?

ops!. I forgot you have multiple conext. is the multiple context needed ont he ASA's?

Hi, Francisco,

Thanks for the reply,I would like to go in for active active config for ASA ,and i would be stacking both the 3750 also what are the other options to have this implemented .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: