cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Issue

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all i am new to remote Access VPN, i configured it using ASDM VPN Wizard and now using vpn client i am able to connect to the network but unable to access internal network resources ,

should i enable any routing in ASA for this tunnel ?

6 Replies 6

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

you should exclude traffic VPN traffic from the NAT.

How can i do it can i use any command or through ASDM

access-list NO-NAT permit ip any x.x.x.x mx.mx.mx.mx

nat (inside) 0 access-list NO-NAT

where x.x.x.x - network, which includes vpn client pool.

ok i got the point but i am using PAT over my router which connects my firewall to internet,

so do u mean i should exclude these addresse over my Router where my natting takes place

is it right ?

i am using nat exemption already over my ASA

what did you mean when you said " i am able to connect to the network but unable to access internal network resources "?

could you show the configuration?

Hi all, I seem to be having the same problem. I can connect my vpn client to the Cisco PIX, but I cannot access my internal IP ranges. My network is as follows:

I have one old IP range (192.168.1.0/24) connected without VLAN ID on the inside interface

I have one new infrastructure VLAN with the range of 172.16.100.0/24 and VLAN ID 100

I have one new Clients VLAN with the range of 172.16.101.0/24 and VLAN ID 101

I have a VPN pool in the range 172.16.102.0/24

If I connect, I get an IP address in the correct range (172.16.102.1). I also can see the secured routes showing up in my statistics screen. However, I am unable to ping, rdp or smb any of my resources on either one of the local networks.

Maybe my problem is caused due to the application of multiple IP ranges, but the answer to my problem might just answer his problem as well.

(In my case it is a PIX problem, but might be the same as with your ASA)

Attached you can find my modded configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: