cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access VPN

ac707spg1
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to setting up a VPN on an ASA5510 box, and I am wondering what is the best way to do this...through the CLI or ASDM.

Also during my reading, many folks mentioned using a different IP Subnet for the VPN than what is used on the inside interface. Is this what I should be doing. Any help or document referenced I can get would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

As for a 1st time configure the RA through ASDM, as you get aquented gradually with the firewall I suggest to do a combination of both CLI and GUI, the GUI can teach you the way firewall pushes configuration by preview commands before they are send to the firewall.

AS for the RA tunnel my personal experience it is best to use a unique VPN Pool network to separate from any other inside networks or even the inside interface IP Scheme. As you create more RA tunnel groups in the future it is much easier to understand each tunnels by their ligical separation .

Here is a basic example of RA vpn config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008060f25c.shtml

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: