cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Monitoring/Recording with 7940 and IPCC

j98me2
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the call manager 6.x will not do Silent Monitoring/Recording with the older 7940. Will it work with IPCC and the desktop agent, or am I screwed unless I purchase new phones?

3 Replies 3

shan.nichols
Level 1
Level 1

Just to make sure you are asking about if the monitoring/recording feature of IPCC Express/CAD will work with the older 7940 phones?

If so, then yes, you should be able to use the 7940 for monitoring and recording. I have used this capability back in CRS 4.0(1) and forward with CAD and the 7960 phones. I don't see why the 7940 would be an issue since it uses the same firmware as the 7960.

Yes that is what I am asking. I know the older versions will work with the the 7940, I am using it now.

I am trying to get away with upgradeing call manager and IPCC without having to replace all of my phones at this time.

So I guess to simplfy my question, will the monitoring/recording work with the current version of IPPC express and the older 7940 phones.

Yes, CRS 4.x and 5.x will both work with CAD monitoring/recording and the 7940s out of the box. Only if you want to use UCM 6 for the task do you need the newer phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: