CCIE R&S Question Part 3

Answered Question
Jul 23rd, 2008

Good Day.

Today i have few more Confused Question, Kindly guide me.

1. BGP Peer-Group.

In Order to increasing the speed + time to configure IBGP and EBGP, if topic without specific it.

Can we enable it ?

2. IP Pim Autorp Listener.

If we are running auto-rp with sparse mode only, should we enable the autorp listener to make 224.0.1.39 and 224.0.1.40 dense ?

or define a static default rp for these groups ? or leave it away ?

3. Monitor Session + Remote Vlan.

i found that 3550 switches has one "must" confgured port for monitor session, that is reflector port.

But 3560 switches doesn't require it.

My question is ...

In the CCIE Paper, it will tell us to use which port as reflector port or we just pick unusable/free port.

Question will tell us which vlan as remote vlan ?? or we choose any number ??

Appreciate for your expertise to answer them ()

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by tdrais about 8 years 4 months ago

I assume these refer to the LAB exam.

1. If you mean by "enable" you configure a peer group when they don't ask. Although I don't think you would lose points for doing it the question to ask is how much time do you really save in a lab. How many neighbors with the same outbound policy does it take to equal the time to create the peer group. Its much more likely they tell you to create one when you don't need it just to see if you can configure it.

2. Hard to say if they don't tell you directly . Read very carefully things they don't tell you are usually implied by other requirements.

3. On ones like this you have to look at how they grade this. Stuff like this cannot be tested for function easily with a program so they are somehow going to compare your actual configuration to the correct answer. You would expect them to limit the number of correct configurations by providing more information to lead you to configure it the way they want.

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
tdrais Thu, 07/24/2008 - 04:54

I assume these refer to the LAB exam.

1. If you mean by "enable" you configure a peer group when they don't ask. Although I don't think you would lose points for doing it the question to ask is how much time do you really save in a lab. How many neighbors with the same outbound policy does it take to equal the time to create the peer group. Its much more likely they tell you to create one when you don't need it just to see if you can configure it.

2. Hard to say if they don't tell you directly . Read very carefully things they don't tell you are usually implied by other requirements.

3. On ones like this you have to look at how they grade this. Stuff like this cannot be tested for function easily with a program so they are somehow going to compare your actual configuration to the correct answer. You would expect them to limit the number of correct configurations by providing more information to lead you to configure it the way they want.

jim_berlow Thu, 07/24/2008 - 09:18

Don't worry about these kinds of specifics (these are the least of your worries). As long as your solution works and you haven't broken any rules you will receive credit.

If you have questions about these kinds of things, the proctor is there to clarify for you.

terry_leong Sat, 07/26/2008 - 09:19

Dear tdrais and Jim,

Good Day.

Mabye i am really worry about these kinds of specific, and keep asking them.

Thanks. I will use the best practice configuration to completed the lab exam. But i heard some senior who mention -- over configuration always better than fix configuration. is it right ??

Actions

This Discussion