CCNA or ICND1 and 2 ?

Unanswered Question
Jul 23rd, 2008

Im looking to get promoted in my current job but the position hasn't been made yet and would require the person to know a decent amount about switchs,routers and networking in general, so I'm starting to study for my CCNA. From what I've read I can either do the CCNA exam or the ICND1 and 2 and thats the equivilent to taking the CCNA exam, is this correct? Keeping in mind im a still a novice would you suggest icnd2and2 or straight ? To anyone who did the ICND1+2 tests did you find it easier,more time consuming, worth it or what are you thoughts on it. I just want to get some ideas on what i should aim for because im hoping to get certified within the next 6 months. Thanks for any help!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
azore2007 Wed, 07/30/2008 - 06:38

Icnd 1 + icnd 2 = CCNA

You just have the option to break the CCNA exam into two test instead.

CCNA exam is 55-60 questions, icnd 1+2 is 100-110 questions all combined and i belive in more depth since you get to answer more questions in the same areas.

I did the ICND1+2 setup since I could only study time to time. So i focused on one book at the time and went to do the exam.

Its pretty much up to you, some find it easier to just try and to the big CCNA test since its just 50-60 questions instead of 110

Actions

This Discussion