cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Corrupt Topology Maps?

kilravock
Level 1
Level 1

We are running LMS2.6 & CM 4.0.11 All of our Topology User Defined Views seem to have become corrupt - links missing, links showing where they aren't physically or logically possible, aggregated (?) links (i.e. several links showing as linked by a horizontal line) CDP seems fine and we haven't made any changes or applied patches which co-incide with this happening. Help!

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot illustrating this problem.

C2SCictbeheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem on some links (aggregated(?)}. I found it was the result of a 'corrupt' cdp table,which -I think- is the source for LMS. This table was bad because of 'failing' gi0/3(SFP or interconnect cable). This port was echoing the CDP Helo msg of connected station and also sending out the CDP Helo msg received on other links (trunks), filling the cdp table with multiple neighbours on 1 port. Resulting in aggregated links. The faulty port was on a C3560-48TS; retesting this issue learned this was only true for port gi0/3. gi 0/1,2,4 were function normal.

I don't know which SW you are using, but maybe this will help in futher investigation.

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco