cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - Can I mix & match inline and off path installations?

d-fillmore
Level 2
Level 2

Hi - I'm designing a WAAS solution which requires that I deploy the Data centre WAE inline (the core switch is a 3750 which doesn't support WCCP). I plan on using NME modules on the branch sites. Is this mix and matching of deployments permitted or will I run into problems.

Many Thanks :)

Dom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dom,

Absolutely, you can mix and match. As a matter of fact, a lot of implementations are the opposite with inline at the edge and WCCP at the core. You should have no trouble with this at all.

BTW, the 3750 DOES support WCCP v2 at line rate (i.e. in hardware) with newer versions of IOS if you want to try it. It requires L2 adjacency to the WAEs and the WAEs need to be configured w/L2 redirect/L2 return and mask assign. The 3750 needs to have redirect in on the interfaces and a routing SDM template configured.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dom,

Absolutely, you can mix and match. As a matter of fact, a lot of implementations are the opposite with inline at the edge and WCCP at the core. You should have no trouble with this at all.

BTW, the 3750 DOES support WCCP v2 at line rate (i.e. in hardware) with newer versions of IOS if you want to try it. It requires L2 adjacency to the WAEs and the WAEs need to be configured w/L2 redirect/L2 return and mask assign. The 3750 needs to have redirect in on the interfaces and a routing SDM template configured.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Many Thanks Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: