Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to generate plain email notification from CSMARS

cisco_realm
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

Query...I have configured CSMARS in lab environment to generate email notifications. I am successfully able to generate '*XML Email*' notifications but not '*Email*' only notifications. Wondering what could be different for plain email notifications. I have reviewed all cisco press/cisco.com materials but failed to find anything.

Please assist.

Rgds.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

curt-wwwww
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into problems with e-mail notifications. Our problem related to the fact that we use a SENDMAIL mail server. If you use Exchange or some other server, just ignore this post.

Without getting into a long description, the problem relates to the fact that Mars adds "notifier." to the front of the mail username, which causes the length of the username to exceed that permitted by SENDMAIL.

Workaround: define the "FROM" to use a domain other than the one resident on the (send)mail server. E.g., pnadmin@my-mars.org ... it will arrive as FROM: notifier.pnadmin@my-mars.org

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

curt-wwwww
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into problems with e-mail notifications. Our problem related to the fact that we use a SENDMAIL mail server. If you use Exchange or some other server, just ignore this post.

Without getting into a long description, the problem relates to the fact that Mars adds "notifier." to the front of the mail username, which causes the length of the username to exceed that permitted by SENDMAIL.

Workaround: define the "FROM" to use a domain other than the one resident on the (send)mail server. E.g., pnadmin@my-mars.org ... it will arrive as FROM: notifier.pnadmin@my-mars.org

Thanks. I created a user account by the name of 'notifier.hostname' on our mail server and started receiving the 'plain' email notifications.

Just wondering how come the prefixing of 'notifier' has not been documented.... couldn't find any such information.

Regards.