VOIP - Telephone balance units

Answered Question
Jul 24th, 2008

In the broadcast TV industry many live programmes have viewers calling in with comments/competion answers etc. This is currently done using analogue telephone lines and a "Telehone Balance Unit". This accepts the telephone line on one side and ont the other outputs the callers voice and accept the audio from the studio.

I am looking for a VOIP replacement for this system. Cisco do various different units that will convert VOIP to analogue (ATA180 series, VG224/248 etc).

Is there a product equivalent that will allow me to dispense with the telephone balance unit and simply have IP on one side and analogue audio in and out (preferably on XLR's) on the other?

Thanks

Peter

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Chad Stachowicz about 8 years 4 months ago

Well, I think what your are essentially looking for is something that accepts a telephone line (PRI) on one end or some FXO's, then queue's the call, delivering them to an analog line(s) as they become available. the easiest way to do this. Is with a Voice Gateway (Router say 2801) Then run the BACD Tickle, and a VG224. Just use H323 the VG224 and Voice Gateway.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Chad Stachowicz Thu, 07/24/2008 - 17:01

Well, I think what your are essentially looking for is something that accepts a telephone line (PRI) on one end or some FXO's, then queue's the call, delivering them to an analog line(s) as they become available. the easiest way to do this. Is with a Voice Gateway (Router say 2801) Then run the BACD Tickle, and a VG224. Just use H323 the VG224 and Voice Gateway.

HTH, Please rate useful posts.

Chad

Actions

This Discussion