cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 Unified Messaging: Forwarding VM via TUI issue

Chris Driggers
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 5 set up for Unified Messaging with an Exchange 2003 server. When my subscribers forward a VM using the phone interface, the message shows up in the destination inbox via Outlook, but is not accessible from the phone interface. Anyone know where I should look to get this resolved? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you explain the fowarding? It sounds a little fishy.

Example:

Unity Unified Messaging. Subscriber x4000 logs into TUI, forwards a message to ?

Also, if the forwarded message is NOT in the "inbox" of the receiving person, it will be playable through the TUI. TUI only plays messages in the "inbox" of the subscriber.

Yes, here is the scenario:

User at extension 1111 receives a voicemail. They log into the TUI and elect to forward the voicemail to extension 2222. After this is complete, the user at 2222 receives the email with the forwarded message. They are able to listen to it through their PC, but NOT through the TUI. It does not show up as a new message or activate MWI, nor can they access it via the TUI to listen to.

Check that users' inbox specifically in Outlook. Is this where the message shows up or does it get forwarded by a rule to another folder they set up in their Outlook? If they have a rule setup for voicemail message to go to another folder in their Outlook, TUI won't know about it and MWI will never be activated as Unity only checks Inbox. Please check with the user in question and make sure the voicemail emails arrive in their INBOX specifically and make sure they don't have a rule setup to move that message on arrival from INBOX to some other folder in Outlook.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: