cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1(1) upgrade to 6.1.(2)

zzbronski
Level 1
Level 1

I applied the 6.1.2 version to the inactive partition on the Publisher. When I select the "switch versions" from the OS Administration/versions page, what should I expect to happen? I have three servers in the cluster, 1 Publisher and 2 Subscribers. All our phones register to the Subscribers only.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hopefully you haven't done it because that would only bring problems. if as you stated you only applied the patch to the PUB then DON'T SWITCH PARTITIONS YET

you need to apply it to ALL servers in the cluster, and then start switching partitions.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I have not restarted the Publisher. I have only applied the patch to the inactive partition. I also applied the upgrade to the other two servers in the cluster to their inactive partitions. So how should I proceed now?

Step 1 Install the new version of Unified CM on the publisher. Do not reboot.

Step 2 Install the new version of Unified CM on all subscribers simultaneously. Do not reboot.

Step 3 Reboot only the publisher. Switch to the new version of Unified CM and allow some time for the database to initialize.

Step 4 Reboot the TFTP server(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM and wait for the configuration files to be rebuilt before upgrading any further servers in the cluster.

Step 5 Reboot the dedicated music on hold (MoH) server(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM.

Step 6 Reboot the backup subscriber(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM. This step might impact some users if 50/50 load balancing is implemented.

Step 7 Fail-over the devices from the primary subscribers to their backups.

Step 8 Reboot the primary subscriber(s) one at a time. Switch to the new version of Unified CM.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I have three servers, 1 publisher and 2 subscribers. The Publisher is the MOH server and the backup tftp server. The 1st subscriber is the main tftp server. The 3rd server is neither tftp or MOH. So I assume that I switch the Publisher to the new version first and wait until it builds fully, then switch the 1st subscriber and let it build fully, and then finally switch the 3rd subscriber and let it build fully.

While all this is going on how will it affect my users?

I am still waiting on a response to my last question. Is anyone looking at this post anymore?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: