cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services error

rwang
Level 1
Level 1

I performed a new installation of LMS 3.1 from a scratch standalone Windows 2003 server today. All data has been successfully backed up from my existing 3.0.1 version and then retored to 3.1 version after the new installation.

However, I'm still getting errors in launching Topology Services in Campus Manager of LMS 3.1 (see attached screen shot).

I also notice that the ANIServer process state is "running with busy flag set." from the process management interface. Is this related to above error?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What about "telnet JuJuba.test.local 42342"?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the Java console output as well as the NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs\stdout.log and ani.log.

Here are Java console output screen shot and stdout.log file.

I didn't find ani.log under above location. Where should I locate it?

Here is the ani.log

If you have a firewall between your client and server, make sure the client can connect to tcp/42342 on the server.

I don't have any firewalls between the client and server.

It was working when I deployed LMS 3.0.1. I didn't changed IPs or physical boxes of client and server.

The underlying technology has changed. Can you verify you can telnet to the server on port 42342 from the client?

I got a black screen as attached after I run command "telnet 192.168.130.179 42342".

What about "telnet JuJuba.test.local 42342"?

It's different this time. I got "Connecting to Jujuba.test.local...Could not open connection to the host, on port 42342: Connect failed."

I checked DNS resolution of Jujuba.test.local on the client. It failed to resolve. So I went ahead and fixed the DNS issue on the client. The Topology Services can be launched right after that.

Thank you for great help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: